Screen reclaim/ cleaning

Talk about what's on your mind! For topics unrelated to our other forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Justdontmakesense
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Screen reclaim/ cleaning

Post by Justdontmakesense »

Recently just started working for this company. So got me cleaning screens. But something just is not working right. Here let me explain, so the guy shows me all the steps which I'm looking around. And there is glue from tape and ink every where. So basically use a puddy knife clean ink out. Then wash with minimal spirits which don't smell like ms it smells like turpentine. What ever it is. It don't cut the ink down. It takes it a long time to get it to a manageable state. And using a scotch bright pad. Scubbjng both side. Drain then into a tub of bleach. And it's some kind of commercial bleach. It burns the heck out of your skin if you get it on you. Pull screens out set up table and pressure wash them. I've been seeing a lot of post about 3000 psi washer. But I happen to know aa few things about them. You can't really go off the psi of a washer. That all depends on how much pressure is coming out of the faucet. If the washer don't have water on demand. It can't reach max psi. That's why there is gpm ( gallons per minute) but I can tell you. This washer is no where near 3000 psi. It might be lucky to be in the 1500 psi rang with a 0 or 15 degree head. And you have to move really slow. But the glue from tape and the green stuff still takes forever to come of. I know somethings wrong because it's apparent there's tape glue and ink stuck everywhere. No serious it looks like someone had a food fight with it. Seriously it's all over the out side if building up to 9 feet in the air. The washer and the bleach tube is covered in ink and the green stuff. I have to do this process a few times to get it off the screens and some times it's still on there. I'm wondering if this is turpentine in the washer and not minral spirits. After a 10 hour day I'm barely getting 12 screens clean. And I'm kinda scared I'm gonna scrub right through the screens. I know it can't be good for them. Scubbing this much and hard with scotch bright pads. Which noticed a lot of post and videos use brushes instead. Wondering if that would help. It just amazes me I can use the go Joe and the ink comes right off. But using 2 harsh chemicals it's still on there. And yes I tried putting go Joe on the screens and yes it did help break down the ink. Just getting tired of being asked why I'm only getting the 12 done. Figured I'd ask someone for info that could help. Be really nice to say this is why is is not working. Because truthful it's not. I do know they put the green stuff on both sides of the screen. If that helps explain any of this. Sad part is I worked with a women before in here shop. I did the vinyl side and she did shirts. And I don't remember her doing all this. She did pressure wash them but only sprayed something on the screen with a bottle.