To wash or not to wash

Discuss the various aspects of textile screen printing.
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

Shenandoah Designs
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

To wash or not to wash

Post by Shenandoah Designs »

I am an amature screen printer and am doing a job this coming week for a friend. My question is about the shirts. If they are cotton and are not pre shrunk do they need to wash them before I print on them? Also, what's the best material or blends? I read to not use nylon. Is this due to the curing heat? (I let mine sit in over for 10 mins preheated to 400 but turned off). One more question. It's gonna have a print on front and on back. Do I need to cure one side before I print the other? Or is there a way to arrange in oven to do both sides at once?

Thanks so much
Jen
d fleming

Re: To wash or not to wash

Post by d fleming »

Nylon requires a bonding agent added when using plastisol inks. If that is the ink you are using. Do not wash prior to printing. Print and cure one side then print and cure the other.
krishnaengworks
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by krishnaengworks »

Not to wash
edwwardLiie
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by edwwardLiie »

Yes, It is necessary to wash the clothes before printing and printing both side simultaneously is not an easy task, maybe it harmful for you so avoid of printing on both front and back side at once. There is a chemical process which is used to resist wrinkles and hold its shape.
Last edited by edwwardLiie on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zee digitizing
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by zee digitizing »

absolutely fantastic