epson 1400 PLEASE HELP.

Talk about what's on your mind! For topics unrelated to our other forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jays
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

epson 1400 PLEASE HELP.

Post by Jays »

Hi Guys

Iv had my Epson 1400 for a couple months now but it doesn’t seem to print out as dark as it should and i have to double up the acetate to get a good screen at the end. Can any body help with any hits and tips please.

Thanks

Jay
Doug bringer
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: epson 1400 PLEASE HELP.

Post by Doug bringer »

i hate to say this but roynet sell black ink called black cat or something like that that works in your 1400 that what they anyway your not black enought that was my problem when to new printer now i use a dell inkjet so far works fine i got black only also make sure your using pantone black i found out the hard way
Jeremy Bryant
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Jeremy Bryant »

The way I see it, you have 2 choices maybe even a third one. Either change your printer or change the ink that you are using it's probably the more obvious choice of the two. But on a different note, maybe it's a setting on the printer itself.
RascalDevil
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by RascalDevil »

Which graphics program are you using? I ask because it may not be your printer. I use Adobe Illustrator with the Epson 1400, and when you select a fill color, there appears to be two blacks. They are different, however, with different k-values. You want a value of 100. The default black for text in Illustrator is 80. Because of that, I used to have the same problems you are having. Now I know to double-check my blacks before printing. Pproblem solved.

Check the preferences on your graphics program. Best of luck.
plastiholic
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by plastiholic »

I use an epson 1400. I have been using one for about 2 yrs with great result. I purchased the "Black Max" ink package with the accu-rip postcript rip software from screenprintingsupply.com. It uses all 6 ink slots to print black. Requires special film for dye based inks. Though expensive, I recommend trying this out darkest blacks ever.