Screen Printing on a round object

Discuss the various topics of non-textile screen printing.
Plastics, Woods, Metals, Glass, Ceramics, Vinyls
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

bryanoates
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Screen Printing on a round object

Post by bryanoates »

I hope this is the proper place to post this. Forgive me if not. I am not in the business of screen printing but will get through it if need be at times. I however have an item needing some screen printing that I don't have the capabilities to do. It is a cylinder about 3/4 of an inch in diameter and needs a stripe and some writing printed on it. The stripe needs to go all the way around. I anodize these in the green color and then laser the writing and stripe, then anodized the orange color. The problem is that the orange isn't vibrant enough. I have a link to a picture of the item. I couldn't figure out how to put on this page. I am doing these for a non profit organization, U.S. Military Veterans With Parkinsons. These guys deal with Agent Orange issues and the pill bottle represents the agent orange barrels from Vietnam.

I was hoping someone could give me some advice or direct me to where I may be able to get this done. Thanks in advance.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1023765315 ... 4961/USMVP
geneh
Intern
Intern

Re: Screen Printing on a round object

Post by geneh »

Hi,
I read this post and I think what you are doing is so cool for our vets. In matter of fact I ran this by a couple of Design Engineers to get there feed back. We are a manufacturing company headquatered on the west coast and make a lot of cool stuff. Myself I do prototypes and print on just about anything.
Now for what might be a soultion to your problem so you don't have to sub out the printing. Try masking out your graphics the lettering and strip. Then anodize the green then remove the masking off the graphics and then anodize your orange. The big question here is what masking to use that I don't know but maybe something to look into.
But if all else fail's you will just have to find a printer that has a press for printing on round items. If we had one here in our facility I would say send them to me and I would do it for you for free.

Please keep us posted Thanks

Hope this helps.
Gene