Newbie Question

Blenders, shakers, stretchers, registration systems, coolers and other equipment not included above.

Moderator: Moderator Team

markthedba
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Newbie Question

Post by markthedba »

Ok I have been doing several 1 color jobs. I use accurip for film output to an epson 1400 printer. Once I got all this working I cna create great screens very fast....Now. I have both Corel draw and photoshop(I suck equally in using both)

My question is I have a job that requires 5 spot colors and I need to create a white underbase to print on dark shirts.

ok now what do I do? I need to do a color seperation, what is good software for this? I tried one that would only print out grey flim that is impossible to expose(squaredot). I am thinking of getting quikseps or tseps to get this done. is this the correct approch or am I missing soemthing? I am not sure I am not puting the cart before the horse, in terms of experience with this. I would like to keep my customer and have explained my newness to this procees to them and they are ok with me doing some learning. But I still need to get the job done. Can anyone point me in the right direction or am I trying to run before I can walk or what?

Mark
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Re: Newbie Question

Post by tompaine »

Depends on the artwork.
Is it vector?
Has it been designed in spot colours?
If you want to post it or drop me a pm I can have a look at it.
anthemscreenprinting
Intern
Intern

Post by anthemscreenprinting »

You don't really need a separation software for this. Do you already have the 5 spot colors on separate layers? To make the white underbase all you do is create a new layer of all the other layers merged ("Layer ---> Merge Visible" in Photoshop), and voila you have your white underbase. Or you can just print out your 5 spot colors on transparencies, then tape them all together and use this to burn your white underbase. Or you can pay Tompaine to do this for you.
Anthem Screen Printing
  • Screen Printing Supplies
  • Screen Burning Services
absoluteprinting
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by absoluteprinting »

I use Corel almost 100% of the time for my artwork. I found a plug-in at advancedtshirts.com. It's called simple seps. Inexpensive and works great.