textile printing problems

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

prettypoppet
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

textile printing problems

Post by prettypoppet »

First, let me say that I have been screen printing as a hobby for about 15 year and have never had these issues...
I was commissioned to make some shirts for a friends business... Long story short I'm about ready to give up the ghost.
I purchased some mesh from a local retailer that he said was 125 mesh (I purchased a large quantity from a local art store many years ago, I do not know the mesh count of what I had been using before). I use the photo-emulsion method and exposure and washout went well. Since I print in my home, I use water-based inks. Some were old and I thinned them to their original consistency... This printing process has been a nightmare. Every print is light. have tried the flood stroke method, single stroke and double stroke.... The most consistent results are with the double stroke but the ink dries in my screen after just a few prints.
What am I doing wrong? I have never had these problems. Am I using the wrong mesh count?
DEEROKK
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: textile printing problems

Post by DEEROKK »

Do you keep the screen flooded after each print?
Tagless Threads
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: textile printing problems

Post by Tagless Threads »

either ur ink is bad ditch it, get new base, new pigments, and start fresh, or get new mesh invest the money in new quality gear if you want quality