Printing on Yoga Mats

Discuss the various topics of non-textile screen printing.
Plastics, Woods, Metals, Glass, Ceramics, Vinyls
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

niassy151
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Printing on Yoga Mats

Post by niassy151 »

I saw a few discussion on yoga mats, but I need to find a recommendation on what type of equipment is needed to print on yoga mats. I know absolutely nothing about this, but I DO know that spray painting them is not cutting it!
Thanks!
d fleming

Re: Printing on Yoga Mats

Post by d fleming »

If you know absolutely nothing about the screenprint process my suggestion would be to sub the job out to a qualified shop.
niassy151
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by niassy151 »

I know about heat transfer printing on textiles. I know nothing about printing on something like a yoga mat. I thought this forum was to answer questions, not just suggest sub-ing it out. While I can appreciate your candidness, we can't afford any of the quotes given to me by subs- so regardless of how much I'd like to sub it out- because it's going to be a major hassel, I am not the boss and was told to find a way to do it in house. Otherwise, I will have to spray paint them which looks horrible.
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Didn't mean to come off short, but I've been doing this for thirty years on a large scale and I still learn something daily. There is a large learning curve, skill level and output of $$ to be a screenprinter commercially. Jumping in with a paying job and being a novice is a huge challenge. Smashing a hot split onto a t shirt with a heat press can be learned in 5 minutes. That's a major part of the reasomn it can be profitable to beginners. You will need a press, screens, squeegees, ink, emulsion, darkroom, exposure unit, the ability to produce screen ready films, it goes on. If you can't afford the quote by a printer to make a simple run on yoga matts you're going to have a heart attack when you figure out how much you will spend to set up a screen shop to print them. Best of luck, keep us posted on your progress, I'll be glad to help with whatever advice I can when you hit the bumps ahead.
niassy151
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by niassy151 »

The original quote we got was several thousand dollars. We found a small local shop that would print each mat at 1.40/each. We are psyched since we were spray painting these which was costly, hard on the lungs, and looked terrible. So we can do it for less than 1k now. Woohoo!
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Excellent! I'm glad that worked out for you. A good relationship with a quality vendor can make you some serious jack.
sarahgreenebean
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by sarahgreenebean »

Hello -
Did you get the yoga mats printed? I'm looking to do some myself and would appreciate any advice you can give me.
Are they 4 color?
Can you please refer me to the shop that helped you?
Thanks!
pmorrone
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by pmorrone »

I really don't mean to advertise/sell our products, but I'm the Art Director for Yoga Direct and we are the largest manufacturer and printer of yoga mats in North America. I can definitely help you if you're still interested in custom yoga mats.
mike1234
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by mike1234 »

niassy151 wrote:I saw a few discussion on yoga mats, but I need to find a recommendation on what type of equipment is needed to print on yoga mats Bikram yoga weight loss. I know absolutely nothing about this, but I DO know that spray painting them is not cutting it!
Thanks!
Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CIZ3LA ... DsF8vmOOUA

It is how to print yoga mats.
begreenink
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by begreenink »

Looking for the best way of getting recycle ink cartridges online products for consumers more cheaply than new ones.