Please help!! Pricing!?

Discuss day to day business affairs.
Including: Scheduling, Pricing, Money Managment, Employees, Wages, Business Opportunities & Marketing
Industry Work Shops and Classes
skycaptian
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Please help!! Pricing!?

Post by skycaptian »

I want to know if there is a method or standard pricing guide. I dont want to charge too much and i dont want to get paid too little. There only two other screenprinters in my area and the their prices are completely opppsite. One would charge me $18 for a front and back print and the other wuold charge me $4. I only called to get a fake quote so I'd know how to price my items, but as you can tell that didnt help! Im just sarting out and want people to come back after buying from me, and not catch wind of the $4 a shirt guy. Thank you for any suggestions
someday
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Please help!! Pricing!?

Post by someday »

Viper
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Please help!! Pricing!?

Post by Viper »

I would tell you that you need to figured out your cost and set your prices accordingly. Do not be a cut throat printer. You will never grow your business that way and you will hurt the industry as a whole. Cut throat will also lead you to cut corners ultimately hurting yourself. Get prices from different places from the internet to. You will lose customers to the $4.00 shirt printer but what you will find out is that if you give excellent work at a fair price that your customers will return. The customers that expect good work are the ones that will return and those are the customers that you want. You do not want the customer that is looking for the lowest price. They will expect you to give them something for nothing. They be here today and gone tomorrow. Stick to your guns! That is the only way you will grow.