Strangest Problem Ever

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

whimsywhit
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Strangest Problem Ever

Post by whimsywhit »

Hello everyone! I've been reading this forum for quite a while now, and have always been able to find answers to my questions just by searching.
However, this morning, something happened that is new to me, and new to every printer I've spoke with, so hopefully someone can give me some help.
Here's what happened:

When the pedal is pressed, and the tables advance, they raise a fraction of an inch and the squeegee floods. The table stops raising and the flash unit flashes, instead of waiting until after the print. Once the flash unit retracts, the table lifts once again a fraction of an inch, stops, and the flash unit flashes. Never once does the squeegee print, on ANY of the heads. They all just sit there in the flood position. When we turn the flash table off completely, the automatic press works perfectly. With the press off, the flash table ONLY works in the print, print, flash position. If we try to use the print, flash, print, flash or the print, flash, print options, the table extends and stays there, never retracting. This has got to be the strangest thing I've ever seen.

We called Workhorse Products and the tech walked us through a few things, but nothing fixed the problem. We checked a few loose wires, checked some fuses, and nothing. We shut everything off at the fuse box and waited and restarted, still same thing. They can't get a tech out here for another week or two, and I've got at least 2000 shirts that need to be printed, and no press!!

If I don't figure something out soon, I will be using a manual stand alone flash unit, drying the underbase after every shirt, which will take forever!!! Anyone got any ideas?
beandip007
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Strangest Problem Ever

Post by beandip007 »

Don't know if this issue has been resolved, but it sounds like a proximity sensor is getting a bad signal some where from where the flash is?
Mikethemonkeyman
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Mikethemonkeyman »

We had a similar problem with our flashback, turns out the plug going into the press was loose, tied it with a cord into the plug and now works fine
whimsywhit
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by whimsywhit »

Oh boy. After several weeks of work and sweat and tears, we have managed to fix the machine. The sensor underneath the table was going out, and it eventually went out completely, and the tables did nothing. We keep stock in those switches so replacing that one wasn't too big of a deal. When the hydrolic on head number one went out, though, completely different story! AND we had water in our air lines. Then the A/C in the print room went out, and if you've ever been to Louisiana in the summer and felt the 105 degree humid weather, you would know that June hasn't been the greatest month! :roll: I just wanted to post back what the issue was, and how we fixed it.