What material choice for positives

Dicuss all consumables.
Inks, Emulsions, Liquids, Chemicals, etc.
Share your tips and tricks. Who's got the best deals?
uliari
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

What material choice for positives

Post by uliari »

Hi i wonder what is the best material for make the positives, i heard about photographic film, this is the best choice but here where i live is too much expensive and i don't have the money nor the will to spend money in a dump way,

there is also, transparency but they said to me that laser printers cannot get good work,
another option is --delta film-- for exclusive use in laser printers, this is my best choice but one problem, i need to know if i can use this delta films on plotter, because my designs are quite bigger than a legal or letter size. or if exist an laser printer that can do the work for printing 11.7inch x 16 inch. thanks
d fleming

Re: What material choice for positives

Post by d fleming »

DOn't use a laser. I use 3642 from sihl and print it on an epson 9500. Roll of film is 36" wide.
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Post by tompaine »

Inkjet is the better quality (& I worked as a development chemist on Delta), try the epson 4450 for desktop positives. Lasers give low density in the middle of blocks which you need to wash with solvent to make useable.
We do the Wasatch RIP with the system, simple and robust.
There are several films suitable, Agfa is the best but we use an own-brand which is cheaper and fine for most applications.
Check the link in the signature.
dave
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by dave »

I just cut mine out of black vinyl. I used to stick it to clear poly, but now I just stick it directly to the light table. When I'm done a razor blade and a little adhesive remover and I'm ready to go again.