Payment by. . .

Discuss day to day business affairs.
Including: Scheduling, Pricing, Money Managment, Employees, Wages, Business Opportunities & Marketing
Industry Work Shops and Classes
spankthafunk
Intern
Intern

Payment by. . .

Post by spankthafunk »

What are the most common methods of charging the customer?

ie.
per Screen?
per Color?
per Size of T-shirts?
(does anyone make individual screens for each size, and then charge the customer this?)
Quantity?
Artwork/

or all packaged into one fee?
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Payment by. . .

Post by ROADSIDE »

Thats an age old question with no right answer.
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
spankthafunk
Intern
Intern

Post by spankthafunk »

perfect answer acutually, hehe. because now i dont feel so confused on what to do. I guess I should just figure out the best way to charge them myself? i wasn't sure if there was some standard way of charging the customer that is efficient and works really well.
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

We do ALL INCLUDED PRICING.
This way the customer only gets 1 number to think about.

Figure out your cost of doing business. (supplies,expenses,payroll,utilities,etc)
How many shirts can you do per hour on average?
spankthafunk
Intern
Intern

Post by spankthafunk »

i can print only about 60 shirts an hour right now because i have no dryer, using a curer. I see the need for the heater, I just havent had the finances to buy one yet. Because after I print, I have about 20 seconds before the curer is done drying, so that's like 20 seconds a shirt i could be printing.

it takes me about 6-8 to do the whole process for a 1 color printed one sided shirt, including printing.
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

Yeah... if I was you I would prolly broker out jobs for a few months until you earn enough to buy more equipment.
Texafud
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Texafud »

OK, you need a basic breakdown chart.
If I'm printing 1-11 shirts, you're getting top dollar.
12-35, a little less
36-71 (72 being a standard case) is where you should be about 20% markup on your per print price

Less I be remiss obviously your going to need prices for 1 through I'm gonna guess you have a 4 color manual, so each bracket has a # colors cost.

Each color has a screen charge, only big guys give away screens, we get $25 a screen, reusable up to 18 months, we do that to force re-orders

Charge extra for things like pocket prints, butt prints, sleeves, (10-25 cents per print depending on difficulty) if you're on a manual these things take time and time is money

Industry standard is 40% markup on goods plus print price plus screens, and let's not forget art charges for that pencil drawing on a greasy napkin from last night's diner outing that you somehow made into a t-shirt, where I am thats 50 bits an hour

I'd agree with the last guy, biggest thing is to find out what it costs you to print a shirt. Salary, Electric (we screeners use LOTS of energy suckers), time, volume, ink, rent, how much do you need to clear each hour divided by what you can effectively produce, therein is your answer.

Wow, that was a lot of big words...... :roll: