Graphics Four-Color Process Workshop

Discuss day to day business affairs.
Including: Scheduling, Pricing, Money Managment, Employees, Wages, Business Opportunities & Marketing
Industry Work Shops and Classes
Pam
Intern
Intern

Post by Pam »

Four Day Hands-On Workshop
Graphics Four-Color Process: Controlling the Variables
Instructor: Dawn Hohl
Guest Instructors: Bron Wolff of Serigraph Inc.
Mike Ruff of ReyHan PGF

Dates
May 16-19th
July 11-14th
October 17-20th

When printing process work, the difference between success and failure can be as subtle as a minor squeegee pressure adjustment on just one screen! This workshop makes extensive use of printed samples, progressives, and even live printing to teach students the art of printing process color.

For More Information visit
http://www.sgia.org/sptf/classschedules.cfm
or e-mail: pam@sgia.org
or Call 1-888-385-3588

SPTF
10015 Main Street
Fairfax, VA 22031
Last edited by Pam on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
strackmatt
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by strackmatt »

Man I would love for one of these to come around to Colorado!

Learning on your own is okay but geez...it gets old.
Thanks,
Matt
Pam
Intern
Intern

Post by Pam »

Strackmatt,
I checked out your web site, are you a graphic artist for mostly textile printing? Or do you also do graphics/flat stock substrates?

Here is a link to SGIA regional workshops which goes over special effects printing, four color, index ect. for garment printing http://www.sgia.org/reg_wkshp/fresno.cfm

The next one is being held in Fresno. They held one in Colorado last year, not sure when they may go back to that area. I believe they have 4 of these regional workshop scheduled for this year but the site are yet to be determined. Keep a check at the above link for more information as it becomes available.

The Graphic Four-Color Process workshop listed above is for flat stock printing only (ie; posters, decals, POP ect.) It has been a very popular workshop the one we held last week we had 14 attendees. The SPTF workshop are only held in our facilities here in Fairfax VA.

Hope you can make if over our way sometime. We have a lot of fun with these workshops. It is a great way to meet with people in our industry.

Thanks for your interest.

Take care,
Pam
strackmatt
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by strackmatt »

I design for textile and non-textile. Currently I'm the head artist for a Goodbye Blue Monday, a screenprint shop in Boulder.

I'm always looking to learn as much as possible about both industries.

Thanks for the reply and the link. Oddly enough it is very realistic that I would get to a VA workshop as all of my family is in Maryland and I'm back there as much as I'm in Colorado.
Thanks,
Matt
Pam
Intern
Intern

Post by Pam »

Quite a few of our attendees plan small vacations around the workshops, we are only about 15-20 miles outside of Washington DC. Their family site sees while they are in the class.
Sometimes planning it around a vacation cuts cost some... tuition will cover all materials needed, continental breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages through out the class and a large reference book for you to keep.
I hope you can make it to one of our workshops sometime. Just let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Pam
garythreads
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

When is the next training

Post by garythreads »

I was wondering how often you do this, and do you ever go to Salt Lake City, Utah? That would be well worth the trip, but I can't be out of the shop for long.

Thanks
Pam
Intern
Intern

Post by Pam »

Good Morning Gary,
Sorry I didnt get back with you sooner I have been out to the office. We hold our Graphic Four Color Process (flat substate printing) four times a year. All of our workshops (SPTF) are held in our Fairfax VA facility.

SGIA 06 is being held in Las Vegas this year. They will have workshops going on during the Convention. These classes are not hands on and are usually only a couple of hours long, but still gives you quite a bit of information.

Hope you can make it to one of our workshops. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
Pam