Eco-printing Eco-yoga mats

Discuss the various topics of non-textile screen printing.
Plastics, Woods, Metals, Glass, Ceramics, Vinyls
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

vleitner
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Eco-printing Eco-yoga mats

Post by vleitner »

Hello! I'm a newbie and joined to discuss the options for printing in an environmentally friendly way environmentally friendly (for example, made from natural, sustainable rubber) yoga mats. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

AND

Is there a way to print in an environmentally friendly way environmentally friendly stickers that can be stuck (but not permanently) on all yoga mats? They would have to be able to withstand moisture and also being rubbed against.

Thanks very much!
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

... this is only my opinion but is there really such a thing as environmentally friendly?
Chemicals in any form tend NOT to be good.

I am a tree hugger of sorts and this industry is not friendly... i can see why you are looking but I dont think you will find anything.

I do my yoga the old fashion way.... on a beach towel.
The ancients didnt have a yoga mat.... :P

Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
Mod-Zel
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Mod-Zel »

I agree with Roadside.
The only ink I'm aware of that would adhere to your "rubber" mats would be a catalyzed solvent based ink.
Waaay unfriendly.
As far as stickers go, you need a permanent adhesive vinyl sticker which may or may not actually stay on your
mat and your also printing that with solvent inks unless you have a UV reactor for Ultraviolet curable inks.

How about woven reed or bamboo mats? You could probably run some type of water based acrylic ink on those.
Of course, they wouldn't be too cushy.