Promotions & Marketing

Discuss day to day business affairs.
Including: Scheduling, Pricing, Money Managment, Employees, Wages, Business Opportunities & Marketing
Industry Work Shops and Classes
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Promotions & Marketing

Post by ROADSIDE »

Lets here about the promotion that works for you!
As we all know the winter is just around the corner and a knock out promotion would be nice!

Lets here the stories
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
jklaflin
Intern
Intern

Post by jklaflin »

Along with this... I am curious how everyone does their promotions, if you do any.
Do you give customers a freebie of some sort (cheesy calculator or frisbee)? Or do you mostly concentrate on the advertising aspect of your business (brochures, ads, posters, etc.)?

Part of the reason I ask is that I have a new Screen Printing/Embroidery business and I am always trying to find the best way to let people know about us. Thanks!
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

Well.... I dont really advertise at all.
I did the Yellow Pages this year and it cost me like $350 and I didnt get any customers from it.

The one advantage I have is my location sees anywhere from 10-20 thousand cars a day. I am on a MAJOR traffic route.

I do alot of internet business. I am not sure if its because my website or maybe were I am listed in search engines but alot of my customers say they found me on the internet.

50% Referal
30% Walk-In
15% Internet
5% Advertising

I currently have a 4' x 8' banner that I put outside but thats about it
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
Esther
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

mkting

Post by Esther »

In 4 yrs all my work has been by word of mouth. and repeats. If your work is good word travels fast. If your work is bad, word travels FASTER. I have always said " if I don't like the job I did then why would the customer like it" So never let a bad job go out the front door. Do it over if you have to, you will only have a HAPPY customer and a HAPPY customer is better than a UNhappy 1. and I send all my 2nds to the local shelders for the homeless. its a write off and besides it makes me feel good to know someone can really use it. I see where print shops sell thier 2nds on a "OFF the RACK"
I don't.
colorondemand
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Promotions & Marketing

Post by colorondemand »

Have you guys seen this?

http://apparelmarketingsolutions.com/

This seems awfully over-priced. In this economy who has that kind of dough to throw at such a thing? I feel like people in dire straights might buy it thinking it will turn their businesses around. This bothers me a little. In my life there there have never been any quick fixes, easy money or magic marketing bullets.
meshfiltration
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Promotions & Marketing

Post by meshfiltration »

Well, I did not make any promotions like google ads, leaflets and so on, I just let customers find me, i think it's the best way to get real business, of course first you might MAKE SEO for your web, when customers google the key words of your products, your web has to be found on the first page.