Screen Degreaser

Blenders, shakers, stretchers, registration systems, coolers and other equipment not included above.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Gino
Intern
Intern

Screen Degreaser

Post by Gino »

Just curious what everyone is using for a degreaser if your using one...
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

dawn
corradomatt
Intern
Intern

Post by corradomatt »

I always used simple green. Works great and it's pretty cheap. Most emulsion removers have degreaser in em too.....so all you really need to do is degrease before the first use.
Screen Printing Supplies - Equipment, Ink, Emulsion and more!
X_Autotype_#1
Intern
Intern

Post by X_Autotype_#1 »

Hi Gino-

The best and possibly the least expensive degreaser to use for screen printing mesh is trisodium phosphate. It doesn't contain any colour, no smell, and especially no drying agents (used to repel water and make your dishes dry spot free!) and no wetting agents (designed to make water adhere to low surface energy (LSE) substrates). You can usually buy it at a hardware store in the paint prep area (it's used to pre-clean for paint preparation, driveway cleaner, and other greasy cleanings). I recommend that you stay clear of dishwashing liquids, they will eventually cause you a problem (based on my 15 years of stencil troubleshooting).

Check with your local disposal codes, however, especially if your in a metro commercial area. Some cities have a problem with putting phosphates down the drain in great quantities.

Always check for good water flow down a degreased screen. Water should love to stick to a well degreased screen, and should not repel water in any areas or run off quickly.

Cheers!
X
bearncze
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Screen Degreaser

Post by bearncze »

I'm using Enviro Clean Degreaser. Seems to work good and smells good too
http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/si ... uct/CCECQT