Help with my press

Manual & Automatic questions, suggestions, comments and issues.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Marcin
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Help with my press

Post by Marcin »

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A USED PRINTING PRESS AND IT COMES WITH SOME MINI GAS SHOCKS THAT KEEP THE ARMS UP NOW MY PROBLEM IS I NEED TO REPLACE THOSE SHOCKS CUZ THEY ARE OUT AND I SDONT KNOW WHERE BUY THEM AT I TRIED THE COMPANY THAT MADE THE SHOCKS AND THEY CLOSED A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. AND I HAVENT TRIED LOOKING FOR THE MANUFACTURER OF THE PRESS BECAUSE I DONT KNOW THE BRAND THE ONLY THING I HAVE IS THAT ALL OF THE KNOBS ARE LIKE A POWDER BLUE AND THEY HAVE THE LETTER "D" ON THEM.
someday
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by someday »

Marcin, please do not use caps. thanks.
MrZ
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by MrZ »

Contact any gas spring distributor and they should be able to cross reference the spring you need. Here is one that I use http://www.spdhardware.com/gs1.htm?source=overture

Buying from another manufacturer might get you a spring that looks just like yours but, might not have the same lifting strength. A 30 pound lift spring and a 120 pound lift spring will look the same but, boy what a difference when you try to use it!! Good luck :lol:
Kenpoist
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Kenpoist »

Again this might be late, however, you might give Vastex a call.
I have a Vastex equipment and it uses gases shocks, just a thought.
If not you'll have to know the compressed size and length of stroke as well as the amount of force required for the shock.
"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of those that threaten it."
GraphicParts
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by GraphicParts »

We have a wide selection of gas springs specifically for screen-printing equipment in stock. If you need help determining what gas spring you need, you can contact us at (800) 444-PART.

http://www.gpiparts.com/prod297.htm
Graphic Parts International, Inc.
(800) 444-PART
4321 N. Knox Avenue
Chicago, IL 60641 USA
Gino
Intern
Intern

Post by Gino »

Not sure if they have gas shocks but look at. www.grainger.com They seem to carry everything under the sun. We get a lot of our parts there..