M&R Diamondback problems and service

Manual & Automatic questions, suggestions, comments and issues.

Moderator: Moderator Team

pearbear99
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

M&R Diamondback problems and service

Post by pearbear99 »

WE bought a M&R diamondback 6/8 with pneumatic heads. WE began having problems with our machine almost immediately and have had rather poor customer service with M&R. Bolts have been falling out of the machine, 2 squeegee locks have had to be replaced and the adjustable squeegee raising and lowering mechanism has had to replaced. On a 6 month old machine that hasnt even printed 2000 shirts yet? Is anyone else experiencing this or are we just the unlucky ones? M&R has been making us pay for all the shipping for the replacement parts AND the cost of sending the defective parts back to them. They have also been very slow in sending us the repair parts. We really feel that people should be warned that perhaps M&R quality isnt what it used to be. When we bought the machine we got the package deal for them and spent almost 45000.00 for the equipment and hidden costs of training and tech installation. We got shorted on supplies they were supposed to have sent in our package and wouldnt believe us until there own trainer wanted to know where our supplies were! The dryer sent with our package was an upgrade to a 48" wide 10' conveyor--when it came we discovered that if we happen to lose power from a thunderstorm the belt on our dryer would melt, a replacement cost of nearly 400. Why isnt there a battery back up on a 6000.00 dryer??? Good Luck if you buy from this company!
taglessthreads.com
Intern
Intern

Re: M&R Diamondback problems and service

Post by taglessthreads.com »

I am in the process of purchasing a 8/10 Diamondback from M&R. I've called their referrals and asked around and have heard a lot of good on the machine. Were you able to resolve your issue with M&R? BTW was that conveyor really only $6,000? Was that for a brand new or used model?
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
PTS
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by PTS »

Depends on who you talk to, as with most equipment manufacturers, there are those who love them and those who hate them. There seems to be very few middle of the road customers. M&R has been around for a long time and is a large company. Unfortunately, once in a while parts and service can be slow. It also depends on what parts are needed, if its in stock, manufactured by a third party etc. This can cause some delays. From my experience their service is usually pretty good. As for the dryer belt issue, battery back ups are not an option offered on any dryer I have ever worked with. If you lose power you should always have a fan nearby so you can blow it through the chamber to help cool. Also roll the belt by hand.
Ed Cappello
Premier Tech Services
http://www.screenprinttech.com
taglessthreads.com
Intern
Intern

Post by taglessthreads.com »

I've had my Diamondback for a month now and couldn't be happier. Dan Goldberg and Darren Ellis were very helpful and I highly recommend M&R.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads