Screen Printing --- and Embroidery???

Talk about what's on your mind! For topics unrelated to our other forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jklaflin
Intern
Intern

Screen Printing --- and Embroidery???

Post by jklaflin »

Just curious... Does anyone out there offer embroidery along with their screen printing services?
I have a small business so we have recently added embroidery to (hopefully) generate more sales.
Tagg3r
Intern
Intern

MONEY MAKER

Post by Tagg3r »

We have a small shop in Northern Kentucky, Like yourself started w/ Silkscreening, and it just made sense for us to get into embroidery, (customer driven) What we have learned is there is a market for a "1 head" shop. People dont mind to pay alittle bit more, knowing that they can come back and order additional individual pieces. Alot of the bigger shops wont do that, and that has been our "hook". Like silkscreening brought in embroidery, we also found that embroidery brought in appliqué. which we also do alot of. We bite the bullet and learned digitizing, so we also do that inhouse which was also a huge help in keeping us competitive when pricing.

One thing we do is offer "free" digitizing with orders over 2 dozen peices.

Not really free, we try to recoop atleast half of what we normally would charge. Hope this helps, Good luck.

Tagg3r
If everyone wears a t-shirt, should'nt they be good looking ones!
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Most shirt shops in my area offer embroidery in house. I'm one of the very few that screens textile and flat stock as well as offer digital/vinyl banners, wraps, fleet graphics, etc and large electric signs fab and maintenance/repair all in house. I have a very good relationship with a textile shop that has a large auto and embroiders on several machines. They have made sure I have no reason to add an embroidery machine and we give them all our complex or large runs that are better suited for an auto textile press. Simple t-shirts and small to medium runs we do on a 6/4 manual. All art and films are in house. I don't really advertise t-shirts but I seem to do quite a few.
custom tshirts
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by custom tshirts »

It will be helpful to offer embroidery too, but you can get started by using a good contract embroidery company and you wont have to worry about keeping your machine busy or having help there to do the work. If you start getting enough business then you can justify the investment.

mike

www.taylormadetshirts.com
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

Yeah... best investment we made was a vinyl cutter. $3500 investment and payed for itself in 2 months. Embroidery machines start at like $12000 for something decent.
Thats ALOT OF HATS and JACKET BACKS.

But if you are screening you should have not problem getting stitch work as long as you can make that payment.
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.