Looking for regular screen printer/die cutter for custom job

Talk about what's on your mind! For topics unrelated to our other forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

CossackWarrior
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Looking for regular screen printer/die cutter for custom job

Post by CossackWarrior »

Hello all,

First post :)

I am having no luck finding a screen printer to replace my current screen printer. We currently get everything screen printed and die cut from the same supplier here in Canada, however, we are looking to make this product in the US where it would be much more cost effective.

If there is anyone on here that is capable of doing the below type screen printing and die cutting, please let us know. We would have the material shipped from Freemont, OH to wherever the new screen printer would be in the US, and then ship the finished product from the screen printer to us here in Canada. I will describe and include as much information as I can below with pics attached:

I have attached pictures of the current die we use, the product of the type of die cutter they have been using, and how they attach our wooden die and set up the foam sheets to be cut. Also from the pictures, our die cuts out 6 pairs at a time( as it is important to note that there is a right and left hand, and need to be packaged in pairs after screen printing and die cutting), as per sheet size of 18" x 21". We ideally would need to have you set up to cut and print on the same size foam sheets and die IF POSSIBLE. Since the foam would be supplied to you in 18" wide rolls by 25 ft., in which you will have to cut the rolls into 21" sections to print and then die cut.

VERY IMPORTANT: the paper needs to be pulled of the foam before cutting, as the foam shrinks slightly once the paper is pulled off.

Its also very important to waste as little of the foam sheets as possible for set up as the material is very expensive. We also ask vendors not to throw the slightly defective grips, as they may be able to be sold.

We can supply the 1/2" black pvc foam in 1/2" x 54" rolls, or 1/2" x 18" rolls (both rolls are 25 ft.)

The wood portion of the cutting dye is 24"x 20", and the cutting area is 21" x 18". Let me know if we can still use this dye or need to make a new one.

I can send finished samples, and a test sheet of the material as needed.
Attachments
IMG_3046.JPG
IMG_3046.JPG (116.04 KiB) Viewed 359394 times
IMG_3045.JPG
IMG_3045.JPG (116.12 KiB) Viewed 359394 times
IMG_3043.JPG
IMG_3043.JPG (113.88 KiB) Viewed 359394 times
CossackWarrior
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Looking for regular screen printer/die cutter for custom

Post by CossackWarrior »

More pictures............
Attachments
PRO 3 A.jpg
PRO 3 A.jpg (149.95 KiB) Viewed 359393 times
IMG_3048.JPG
IMG_3048.JPG (138.04 KiB) Viewed 359393 times
IMG_3047.JPG
IMG_3047.JPG (116.03 KiB) Viewed 359393 times
CossackWarrior
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by CossackWarrior »

More pictures........
Attachments
PRO 3 D.jpg
PRO 3 D.jpg (99.17 KiB) Viewed 359393 times
PRO 3 C.jpg
PRO 3 C.jpg (91.92 KiB) Viewed 359393 times
PRO 3 B.jpg
PRO 3 B.jpg (120.49 KiB) Viewed 359393 times
CossackWarrior
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by CossackWarrior »

Last pics........
Attachments
thomson-hand-fed-diecutter-alpha-die-weymouth-ma.jpg
thomson-hand-fed-diecutter-alpha-die-weymouth-ma.jpg (156.79 KiB) Viewed 359393 times
Thomsong14x22.jpg
Thomsong14x22.jpg (146.81 KiB) Viewed 359393 times
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Do you have art file, and can you do the die cut or find a print shop close to you with the machinery for your cut? If all you need is printed sheets returned to you for cutting I may be able to help, But I do not have the setup for this particular type of die cutting
CossackWarrior
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by CossackWarrior »

I have the art file, but I would so much prefer to find a screen printer that can die cut as well. My goal is to import the finished product (minus the final retail packaging) in from the US. The cost savings would be enormous compared to manufacturing in Canada
CossackWarrior
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by CossackWarrior »

Anyone??????