Need website creating software. Please advise.

Talk about what's on your mind! For topics unrelated to our other forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Leana123h7
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Need website creating software. Please advise.

Post by Leana123h7 »

Please help. Please advise any website creating software. Who can help ?

:)
SDI-West
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Need website creating software. Please advise.

Post by SDI-West »

Leana123h7 wrote:Please help. Please advise any website creating software. Who can help ?

:)
I use Dreamweaver by Adobe/Macromedia. It's very pricey but a also a very good and professional web authoring program. If you are a beginner, you might look at a program called Sitespinner that is very basic but as I said, good for the novice user.

Here is the url for Dreamweaver: http://www.macromedia.com

Here is the url for Sitespinner: http://www.virtualmechanics.com
George Maanao
Newman Roller Frames "Raising the Standards of Tension"
MFG by Stretch Devices, Inc
Cell: 858-401-0471
someday
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by someday »

I agree, Dreamweaver would be my 1st choice
is a topflight Web editor for dynamic sites as well as static pages. Excellent visual tools, code that works across all the leading Web browsers. Available on the Mac as well as Windows is another strong feature for designers. The product is also extensible, with a huge range of third-party add-ons available from Adobe/Macromedia's Web site, many of them free of charge. Great support for Internet standards, including cascading style sheets, XHTML, and accessibility features. Built-in validating mechanisms make it easy to check a page, and everything is highly configurable so you can specify the standards you want to support. It's a great tool for advanced users.

You may also consider Front Page 2003 If you want to tap into the power of Web publishing without staying up nights learning HTML. Intuitive interface (especially if you've already done time with other Microsoft applications). Formatting, inserting graphics or sounds, and keeping track of all your pages is push-button simple--experiment all you want, and retreat when necessary (some color schemes can induce nausea).
Personally I don't like Front Page but for a beginner I think it's a great tool.
lawaughn
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by lawaughn »

Dreamweaver rocks.
Most Important, Have Fun
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You can make a website in any text editor.

Buy a book and learn how to code. It is much easier than you think :)
artwork
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by artwork »

Did you ever find anything? We have a CMS website, that you can create a really nice looking website on. If you take a look at the link in my sig, that site is created on our own CMS(content management system) when making a webpage you get a program that looks pretty much like word to make your webpages on, and theres a pretty cool looking photo gallery which is just as easy to use to ad's photos of the work you do if you want.

We rent the use of this program from $15 a month, which includes hosting, so it's a good way for getting a website.
Regards Lynn

www.canzdesign.com for colour seps and graphic rebuilds.