Danger of UV inks?

Talk about what's on your mind! For topics unrelated to our other forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

myequation
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Danger of UV inks?

Post by myequation »

post removed
Last edited by myequation on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
kitschnkarma
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Danger of UV inks?

Post by kitschnkarma »

hey
i heard it's dangerous too - i have taken up tiger wrestling as a hobby instead now - much safer
kitschnkarma
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by kitschnkarma »

Good grief - judging by the lack of response to this i would guess that the ink has claimed the lives of you all - thank goodness i didn't choose to foray into the world of screenprinting
geneh
Intern
Intern

Post by geneh »

Interesting I use UV inks everyday and I'm still alive been doing it for 11 years now and don't have any wierd growths that i know about :shock: I feel it is all in handling the ink if you act like it is Play Dough and you think your a kid then your probably going to have issues :( . But if you read the MSDS sheet and see what protection is required then you should be alright :idea: My question is has anyone looked at whats in some of the solvent based inks they run and there VOC'S (ie) MSDS sheet? In my experinece solvent based inks are just as bad if not worse. Another question ask your screen printing sales rep. which is easier to clean out of your screen UV or solvent and what cleaner has the most VOC'S in it, the one for UV or solvent. UV inks have come a long way from mercury vapor lamps doped lamps and now using LED's to cure the inks.
Now to get off my soap box. All i'm trying to say is we in the screen printing industry deal with hazardous materials all the time the key is to get the knowledge to protect ourselfs from the chemicals and do it. Always get a MSDS sheet on the products you are using and read it these are your best friend.