Xante vs. Epson

Talk about what's on your mind! For topics unrelated to our other forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Xtreme_Adam
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Xante vs. Epson

Post by Xtreme_Adam »

Hello All,
I need some "schooling" on why everybody considers Epson far superior to the Xante printers for screenprinting. I have sitting directly to my right in my office two printers. The first being an Epson Stylus Pro 4800 and next to that a Xante ScreenWriter 4. For the past two years, the epson has, for the most part, been a dust collector because the Xante has proven itself, in my opinion, the faster more efficient way to go. The reason being is that the Epson runs very, very, almost painfully, slow. After finally printing out, it would take quite a long while to dry effectively (sometimes even a whole day). And because it runs so slow, we haven't used it in at least six or so months. Now I know that the Epson can produce better quality positives and is denser in it's ink, but if I have an order that the customer just approves that day, and needs those shirts that day as well, I just don't have time to wait for the Epson to spit out 5 to 6 sheets of film that can be up to 15" tall each film. What's going on here?

Thanks!

Adam