lineing up a shirt

Talk about what's on your mind! For topics unrelated to our other forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

tom4511
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

lineing up a shirt

Post by tom4511 »

how do i line up a shirt on my board in the same place every time ,when i put a new one on i have trouble it geting in the sane place
Business Forms

Re: lineing up a shirt

Post by Business Forms »

hello.. tom4511 welcome to the screenprintingforum ... !!! sorry to say... but your question is not clear in my mind ... actually .. what happen when you try to put in the same place every time ... will you elaborate your question ?
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Post by tompaine »

You can pick up some cheap lasers at a local store, often in spirit levels and the like.
Rig them up to give you a point to register to.
Jeremy
Intern
Intern

Post by Jeremy »

This is actually one of the more difficult parts of screen printing. Put the shirt on your chest, and grab the bottom of the shirt on each side with your corresponding hands. Bunch up the shirt with your hands, all the way up to the bottom of the armholes and place it over your platen so that the top of the shirt and neck are as far as they can go. Keep and eye on the center line and release the bottom of the shirt so that the center line lines up with the center of the platen. Now let go and grab the top of the t-shirt where the seams from the top of the shirt and the sleeves meet up and "feather" the t-shirt into place. It's all about the feather! You can "double check" the straightness of the t-shirt by feeling out the sleeves on each side to make sure they are even.

It takes a lot of practice, but I feel this method works best.

Hope this helps!