Living in screenprinters hell

Talk about what's on your mind! For topics unrelated to our other forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

svillines
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Living in screenprinters hell

Post by svillines »

I have been printing for about 7 years and have never expreinced what I have been going for past 8 months.
I have used Xeneon Plastifast for the past 6 years(eposure time 10 sec.), but is temprature sensitive. At about 95 degrees
this stuff sets up, so shipping in the summer is tricky. But have have had great results.I swicthed to an Ulano product with less than satisfy results.
The problem; I cannot get a clean washout. Edges are rough, spotted with emulsion(if I continue to wash the images washes out), screen has small holes or the under side wrickles and after repeated sgueege strokes pin holes appear, and so on.
I have tried new screens, exposure time, even tried the Plasifast again and several Ulano products, cure time with know positive results. I use a light box (Brown Manufactoring)with 4 black lights.
HELP!

Stan Villines
Eyeball Graphics
319 E. Brookfield Ave.
Ponca City, OK. 74601
svillines@sbcglobal.net
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Re: Living in screenprinters hell

Post by tompaine »

I'd suggest moving to England - 95F is practically unheard of :D
geneh
Intern
Intern

Post by geneh »

Have you tried using a 21 step sensitivity guide. Fancy name for an exposure calculator. There cheap and will tell you what your lamps are doing. You can get them from your local screen printing supply store. Or you can do the step exposure method.
taboot
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by taboot »

Maybe you should turn up the AC in the summertime?