Printer Help

Talk about what's on your mind! For topics unrelated to our other forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

caseymax
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Printer Help

Post by caseymax »

Hi I have a GCC XL 20/1200 printer that uses black toner cartage; this printer is used for screen painting only on 11x17 vellum. I need to replace it, first I was told to buy Epson Stylus Pro 4880, and when I told him what we used it for they said a Epson 1400 would be all I need. We don’t need color ink just black. It seems to me that the black ink cartage for the 1400 would not be sufficient enough to supply the ink we need with out replacing it ever day. I ordered the Epson 1400; haven’t got it yet but can send it back if not right. Someone give me there thoughts on what I need..
Thanks Max...
yaleteamsandtees
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Printer Help

Post by yaleteamsandtees »

This could help you with ink volume.

http://outaccompany.itrademarket.com/12 ... llable.htm

Don't know if you can buy just the bits needed to set up
for black only though.

Wouldn't hurt to ask! :wink:

Several more models out there.
Search for Epson Bulk ink systems.

-Rob
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

I have found with my epson 9500 that when I use full color mode instead of black only I get a darker more opaque positive, I also bump the saturation up considerably.
caseymax
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by caseymax »

Thanks For the reply; I didn’t see the Epson 1400 listed. I have a felling that I am getting the wrong printer. All the work we do is School sports; our printing on Vellum 13x17 is rather large black ink print and I don’t see how a ink cartage would fill this volume of black ink. Old printer GCC XL 20 black toner cartridge would last 6 months. The printer I was going to get was Epson 4800, $2,000 & Epson 1400 $200. Ryan's screen panting said the 1400 would be all I need. I am sure he knows what he is talking about but the volume of black ink we use I can’t see a small ink cartage working. This printer is used for black print only. Someone please convince me witch one to buy Epson 4800 or 1400. Thanks Max... :?:
sneferu
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by sneferu »

I have 2 (used to be 3 one died) GCC Elite Xl's...still use them for 1 color stuff... I bought a used 4800 and wasatch soft rip from a friend of mine going out of business... and cannot believe I waited so long to make better films for just a little more cost each... and by better films I mean night and day better. they burn better, they line up perfect every time and I am able to keep alot more detail, and I do not have to print several extra films just to get one color of them to fit cos it stretched or shrunk from the heat... now that 4800 just died, it was pretty old and probably not maintained well before I bought it but it was a great deal and got me into doing inkjet films so it was worth it...

So I just bought an epson 4880 from tubelight for $1995 and until 10/31/09 epson has $500 mail in rebate on that machine... so rather than fix my 4800 for $815 (new head and labor) i just bought a new one and am thinking of getting a 2nd before the rebate deal ends...

You can get refillable cartridges Inks and film from
http://filmdirectonline.com/
It seams to be the best method I have found for people that just want to print black on an epson.

I can't wait to get another so I can drop kick my gcc 20/1200's off of the loading dock I'm sure the 4 artists at my shop will meet the GCC's at ground level with hammers and sticks... I am tired of super expensive toner and $300 consumable Fusers to make less than awesome films... These printers are old and have worked pretty well for years, but I have seen a better way and am never turning back to laser...

Steve Contagious Graphics