Restoring a screen print

Talk about what's on your mind! For topics unrelated to our other forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

antecONE
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Restoring a screen print

Post by antecONE »

Ok this probably isn't a question that too frequently gets asked, so I'll throw it out there for the experts. As everyone knows, screen prints over time always seem to crack after being washed too many times. I just wanted to know if it is at all possible to "restore" a screen print that has had this happen. I have a shirt (or rather hooded sweatshirt) that has a really awesome 3-color screen printed design that has suffered the damages that washers and dryers often inflict on printed garments. That would really be awesome if there was any way to refurbish the printed design, because I don't think I could ever find another one of these shirts.

Thanks
d fleming

Re: Restoring a screen print

Post by d fleming »

Don't know of any way to reverse wear and tear but if you turn it inside out to wash and dry it will help longevity. You can also skip the dryer and air dry.
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Post by tompaine »

...or don't wash it?
taglessthreads.com
Intern
Intern

Post by taglessthreads.com »

Now a days the old and ragged look is in. Just tell everyone it's vintage :D
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Post by tompaine »

taglessthreads.com wrote:Now a days the old and ragged look is in. Just tell everyone it's vintage :D
Have you any way to restore old screenprinters or should I just tell everyone I'm vintage. :D