Printing Coroplast Lawn Sign

Discuss the various topics of non-textile screen printing.
Plastics, Woods, Metals, Glass, Ceramics, Vinyls
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Printing Coroplast Lawn Sign

Post by ROADSIDE »

I am looking to doing some coroplast lawn signs...

Anyone have any suggestions on INKS and tips to beware of?
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
Gino
Intern
Intern

Post by Gino »

Nazdar 9700 series inks is what we used in the past. The ink basically air dries. You can run in through your dryer at a lower temp and a faster rate to spead up the drying. The ink will dry EXTREMELY fast in your screen, so when you get ready to print, get on it and go. Unless you have a vacuum table to hold the sign down you might deal with spider webbing and the screen sticking to the plastic. The make a retarder for the ink to help it from drying in your screen so fast, we never use it, just more expense.
skippy
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Printing Coroplast Lawn Sign

Post by skippy »

[quote="Roadside"]I am looking to doing some coroplast lawn signs...

Anyone have any suggestions on INKS and tips to beware of?[/quote]

nazdar makes an ink speciffically for that......with others you have to use a hardner but not with the one for it....i forget its name but your ink supplier will know it
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

hmmm I tried the 9700 on some signs and the ink wiped off the sign very easily.... am I missing something?
skippy
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by skippy »

[quote="Roadside"]hmmm I tried the 9700 on some signs and the ink wiped off the sign very easily.... am I missing something?[/quote]

if you are going to try 9700 you have to use a catalyst in it to make it dry
ronc
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by ronc »

9700 is Not ideal on coro. Use nazdars 7900 corogloss. Thin the ink and add retarder- especially if you're printing manual. Print with squeegee across the flutes, never with the flutes. Nice off contact, 250-300 mesh
Gino
Intern
Intern

Post by Gino »

Yes, you must use the catalyst with it.. We used 9700 because that is what we had in stock. It worked good for us since we were doing a small run.
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

Thanks for the info everyone.... I am going to do some more testing and I will let you know how I make out....
Blk2comm
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Blk2comm »

You can use Nazdar 79 series ink, been using it for 10 yrs. now never had a problem. Will not wipe off or fade. The ink will out last the corogated plastic. Thin that shit down about the thickness of oatmeal. Long as your printing area is not burning hot your sign will not stick to screen. If it does (and you do not have a vac table) Put some spray glue down. Hope this helps
Aaron Arm Bandit
screener
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by screener »

If you use the 9700 series ink you must catalize with NB-70 catalyst for the ink to have the durability need for outdoor use.

Nazdar makes a 7900 series ink just for corrugated plastic sheet. No catalyst required but you will need to use retarder.
regan
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by regan »

Any one discuss UV ink. There are some advantages to using UV. 4 color process, many ink manufactures have a series that does not need additives, outdoor durability, less expensive per sq/ft than solvent, and no need for a 50ft dryer to run production.
Paul Purcell
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Paul Purcell »

Corogloss has worked okay for what we've used it on.
It usually takes up our screen tape in the screen on a long print run.
Also, stack the signs vertically at least until they have cooled down and especially if the sign is printed on both sides. Otherwise they will most likely stick to each other.