spider webbing

Discuss the various topics of non-textile screen printing.
Plastics, Woods, Metals, Glass, Ceramics, Vinyls
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jadrex
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

spider webbing

Post by Jadrex »

We have been printing on polycarbonate substrates and are having significant problems with spider webbing. We've tried thick ink, thin ink, grounding the pad, increased ambient humidity. We're currently using plt272(black). Any other suggestions?
padprint
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by padprint »

The humidity level in not only your production area, but also the area where the raw product is stored should be kept at around 80%. This is VERY important when working with polycarbonate materials. It is also important when working with the PLT272 series inks due to the fact that they are inheritantly prone to static. One other thing to try when working with this type of ink and polycarbonate, is to put one or two drops of some dishwashing liquid in the ink cup or well. This helps neutralize the molecules just enough to allow the release of the static charge before it becomes a problem.
aron
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: spider webbing

Post by aron »

Jadrex wrote:We have been printing on polycarbonate substrates and are having significant problems with spider webbing. We've tried thick ink, thin ink, grounding the pad, increased ambient humidity. We're currently using plt272(black). Any other suggestions?
Hello :shock: 8) , I suggest , you can use paste antistatic on 100 grm ink place 3 grms of this paste , also you can clean the pad with solvent to try avoid the static ,

any question you can contact me on aaronq@fawn-ind.com
Aron quezada
Ken Ferguson
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Ken Ferguson »

Hi There,
I printed lots of Lexan. On a Sakurai we used the anti-static bar, but prior to using that we used Bounce dryer sheets. I would tape them to hang down and touch the sheet at various spots. On the clamshells we would tape a sheet of bounce onto the bed just touching the sheet. We also kept the stencil thin, about 5um EOM.
Hope it helps,
Thanks,
Ken
Travis_Underground
Intern
Intern

Post by Travis_Underground »

if you wipe down the polycarbonate with water before printing it will help get rid of static. just a damp cloth...

hope this helps
Travis
Underground Expressions
Cd'A, Idaho