What's The Best Way To Print On Wet-Look Pleather/Vinyl?

Discuss the various topics of non-textile screen printing.
Plastics, Woods, Metals, Glass, Ceramics, Vinyls
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

mistermuscles
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

What's The Best Way To Print On Wet-Look Pleather/Vinyl?

Post by mistermuscles »

Hey,
I was wondering if it would be possible to print pictures onto pleather/vinyl, and if so, would it be the same process as printing on a t-shirt? The only reason I ask is because of the fact that the surface is smooth and slippery, and the ink may have a hard time adhering to the fabric.

Another one of my concerns is trying to cure the ink without melting the fabric.

If anyone has done this before, and/or knows how to do it, please let me know.

(BTW, for anyone who wants to know, this is the fabric I am talking about. http://stretchhouse.com/stretchvinyl.ht ... ch%20Vinyl)

Thanks! :D
DTGPrinting
Intern
Intern

Post by DTGPrinting »

I've never used that material, but my guess is you could use a Nazdar 9700 multi purpose ink. It works well on vinyls. The 9700 is conventional ink so it's an air dry. You can only print 1 color at a time and then it needs to completely air dry before you can print another color.

You may be able to contact Nazdar directly and see if they could test print on the material for you. Simply send a sample and tell the what the material is and they will do sample prints with various inks.

www.nazdar.com
Jerid Hill
330-345-5877
http://www.screenerschoice.com
Jeremy
Intern
Intern

Post by Jeremy »

I've not tried to print on this material, but I do sometimes use a rubber-base Offset Printing ink which dries without heat (but not too fast!). It's fairly cheap (~50$ per 5lb bucket) and is very thick and nice to work with. It lays down nice and has a great sheen to it when it's "dry". Maybe you could visit an offset printing shop in town and see if they could give you a bit of ink to try out for yourself.
mike.young467
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by mike.young467 »

Do a google search for local and national ink companies, and get FOC samples off them all, most will do it for you.
Hey, works in England anyway!!