For Sale

Yard/Political Signs

Discuss the various topics of non-textile screen printing.
Plastics, Woods, Metals, Glass, Ceramics, Vinyls
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

Yard/Political Signs

Postby metgraphics » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:34 am

I have a small t-shirt screen printing shop. I would like to expand into the yard/political sign business (24 x 18 coroplast). We have a vinyl shop but not practical for 50-sign orders. I don't want expense of auto printer but not sure which direction to go or equipment to purchase. Any ideas?
metgraphics
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Yard/Political Signs

Postby d fleming » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 am

Just sold my spare semi auto, sorry. To start with, a few jiffy clamps, small vacuum motor under a hollow drilled deck and the right inks and reducers/cleaners can get you going. Your frames will need to be considerably larger than 18x24, pulling a squeegee that size will keep you in shape also. A good coro ink is corgloss 7900 from nazdar, works well with the matching fast thinner to keep your screen running and free from "webbing". You will need a larger exposure setup than for t shirts as well.
d fleming

Postby metgraphics » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks a bunch. Is it off contact printing?
metgraphics
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Postby d fleming » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:32 pm

You need to have your screen about 1/8 to 1/4" off the substrate so the screen only makes contact at the squeegee. If you do not make a vacuum deck, use spray tac to keep your substrate from coming up with the screen. Coro ink is air dry so you'll need some type of drying rack, either prof made or handmade. You can make a simple coro rack with casters, 2x4's and dowel.
d fleming

Postby CustomArtFW » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:27 pm

We print yard signs for our t-shirt partners and they print shirts for us. You can make some good partnerships with people in your area! Sometimes you can make good mark up if you have good relationships!
CustomArtFW
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Return to Non-Textile Printing