Usable Area on 19x22 Screen?

Discuss the various topics of non-textile screen printing.
Plastics, Woods, Metals, Glass, Ceramics, Vinyls
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

capn_ron
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Usable Area on 19x22 Screen?

Post by capn_ron »

I am looking to print some 12" x 18" wrapping paper. I only have 19"x 22" frames and was wondering if there is enough usable space to do this? Any past experience to share? Thanks, and I look forward to being part of this forum now that I set up my one color press in the garage.
TMP_D
Intern
Intern

Re: Usable Area on 19x22 Screen?

Post by TMP_D »

Sounds interesting, I’ve never heard of printing wrapping paper

I think you should have enough room though, as long as you have a squeegee that size, only need to cover 12"
capn_ron
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by capn_ron »

I have a 12" squeegee but I think I am going to get a 14" just to give myself space. I will post some images once I get this rolling.
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

You may have trouble with only a 2" well area on either side. You may get lucky as well. Personally I'd get a bigger screen and squeegee for this project.
capn_ron
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by capn_ron »

I was thinking about going for a bigger screen, that way I could possibly go up in paper size to make a bigger piece of wrapping paper (maybe something like a 19x25). I will head down to my local supply shop and do some scouting. I will also have to figure out how to base the paper on my small home press. Thanks for the ideas.
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Depending on how handy you are, a vacuum table is fairly easy to build. Drill a grid through a plexi deck on top of an enclosed wood frame with some interior support to keep your media nice and flat, attach an old vacuum motor and some hinge clamps, viloa!