embedded fonts in pdf?

Cant find a font?
Need want to share a font you created. This is the area for it.
nils
Intern
Intern

embedded fonts in pdf?

Post by nils »

Sometimes I get artwork from clients that have embedded fonts.
How to make embedded fonts outlines?
I want to edit in Illustrator before I print.
nils
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Install the font and open the file then convert to outline.
nils
Intern
Intern

Post by nils »

>Install the font and open the file then convert to outline.

I do not have the font and I do not want to spend time about asking the font from designer(it happens too often).
Required information is actually inside the file. The question is - How to extract it?
nils
the_dude
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by the_dude »

Download Ghostwview and Ghostrip and install both programs. Open the PDF
file in Ghostrip and File_Convert to pdfwrite format. Should work for Illustrator too. Works quite often but sometimes it can`t convert the fonts, U get a error message in CorelDraw.

Peter
nils
Intern
Intern

problem resolved

Post by nils »

Now, there is new version of Pitstop Professional.
There is new button "convert fonts to outlines".
Works very well.
nils
sticker printer
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: embedded fonts in pdf?

Post by sticker printer »

hey I am also looking fr the same project but I can not get any nice software.. Pleas can anyone explain in brief?
peterfenw
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: embedded fonts in pdf?

Post by peterfenw »

I finally found out how to do this just the other day in Acrobat 9. while in Acrobat you will need to look under the Advanced Menu at the top of the screen and then to Print Production then to Flattener Preview. In the flattener preview. You are going to need to move the raster/vector balance all the way over to the right. Below that you will need to check all 3 of the boxes. Convert all text to outlines/ convert all strokes outlines/ and preserve overprint. once those 3 boxes are checked. You'll then need to hit the apply button at the bottom of that window. After you've done that you can just click okay and you will be back at your PDF document. Once you've done that the final step is actually pretty easy. at the top you will just click the File and then Export, choose PostScript, and then Encapsulated PostScript/ EPS. this has now flattened the text and saved it as an EPS file. You will be able to open it in illustrator or CorelDRAW and all of the text will be outlines/curves. So there you go. this actually took me quite a while to figure out, and it's nice to know that there's people out there who are actually dealing with the same headaches.
Attachments
Flattener Preview.JPG
Flattener Preview.JPG (117.07 KiB) Viewed 13707 times