help pics in Corel X3

Share questions, suggestions, and information about Adobe, Corel and other graphics products.
Software Review and Rating.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vcp22
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

help pics in Corel X3

Post by vcp22 »

Hi, I am new to this forum and have recently started using Corel to make the designs for screen printing. I need help making changes to pics that I import from the internet. Once I get them into Corel I can't seem to be able to change colors within the pic. Everytime I fill color it just colors the whole box including the pic. How do I get all the lines in the design isolated? I can't delete portions of the pic either. I hope this is making some sense and someone can help me. Remember I am very new to designing and am trying to learn on my own
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

ok....

First lesson:
You must learn the differences of file types.
JPG, GIF are pixel based (among others)
EPS,AI are vectpor based (but can contain JPG, GIF, etc

You are not going to be able to jump right into designing. You need to learn the basics first.
DPI?
LPI?
Vector Graphics?

Google these terms and start reading.
I know it doesnt seem like alot of help but you are WAY TO NEW to give you a straight answer.
My first 3 semesters at art school we didnt even touch a computer. It was all book work and vocabulary.
Good Luck
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
dimicel1
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by dimicel1 »

You can't edit photos in Corel. Plus, 99.9% of the time a picture that you got off of the internet will look terrible once you put it on a shirt.