Illustrator CS2 and Epson 3000

Share questions, suggestions, and information about Adobe, Corel and other graphics products.
Software Review and Rating.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mark_k18
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Illustrator CS2 and Epson 3000

Post by mark_k18 »

I'm new, real new....'using AICS2 and an Epson 3000 printer...when I go to the Print Dialogue box, (and try to print spot seps), the PPD is grayed out, indicating (perhaps) that Illustrator does not recognize the Epson as a Postscript printer. Maybe I'm using the wrong driver? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark
ftembroidery
Intern
Intern

Post by ftembroidery »

That's because the Epson 3000 ISN'T a PostScript printer. True, it probably has an Epson postscript, but that is for color management, not the printing of halftones. Even with the Epson 3000, you'll need a RIP. There's several such as FastRip, PowerRip, Ghostcript/GhostView, Harlequin, Watsach (I know I butchered that, sorry, I can't think of the right name let alone spell it), and others. Do a search on this board and other boards about "separations", "RIP", and similarly associated keywords.
Where the Vinyards Meet the Redwoods
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

yes... FT hit that nail on the head.
You would think that all the people have the same problem....Epson would just put a RIP in their printer packages.

Mark are you on a PC or MAC??
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
DTGPrinting
Intern
Intern

Post by DTGPrinting »

ROADSIDE wrote:You would think that all the people have the same problem....Epson would just put a RIP in their printer packages.
They do have a RIP available, but it's a color RIP. They don't care about the screen printing market. Theirs is photo reproductions, etc. Printing to film and creating a RIP do to that, means less ink sold since you are only using 1 cartridge of black.
Jerid Hill
330-345-5877
http://www.screenerschoice.com