Problems with color pallet and monitor

Share questions, suggestions, and information about Adobe, Corel and other graphics products.
Software Review and Rating.

Moderator: Moderator Team

krosbones
Intern
Intern

Problems with color pallet and monitor

Post by krosbones »

Hoping someone here has some info to help me. I have seen this happen before to another person's program and we never figured out what had happened or how to fix it.

In CorelDRAW X3 on PC, the color pallets turn almost to a neon brightness on all the colors. No settings were changed. It happened in the middle of doing artwork, the screen "flickered" for a second, then all the color pallets changed. No settings on the monitor were changed. It does not effect any of the output only the visual on the monitor. Of course it is just a cosmetic thing, but makes it difficult to show a customer an on-screen proof when your Navy blue looks like a neon Bright Blue and Pantone Metallic Golds look black. Contacted Corel and they told me to just reinstall. I did that with no change to my situation. The monitors have been calibrated. I have noticed it only seems to happen with people using flat panel monitors. I have run the program at home almost since launch without this problem (old-school monitor).
Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know of a solution or fix?
Thanks for any info.

kros
Krosbone Graphix
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

Typical PC users..... Their answer is alway "REINSTALL" or "REBOOT"

Sounds to me that its a MONITOR issue and not a software issue.
Are the colors for everything changed or just in COREL?

lol
I never had this problem with Adobe software
:P
I had to do it...
lol Good Luck Kros
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
f_bomb
Intern
Intern

Post by f_bomb »

Hey Xbones...I know what you are talking about....I sort of had the same problem a while ago...

Is it with all your old art files and new docs or just that one particular file? For me it was just one particular file. It happened a couple times with a couple different files. I think what I did was I saved it as another file name and restarted corel or opened a new doc and copy/pasted the art into the new doc. One time I saved it on my flash drive and opened it at home and it was okay, so I resaved it as another file name and opened that file at work. BTW, flat screen at home and traditional monitor at work (work was the problem starter).

Sorry I can't recall exactly what I did, but I am pretty sure the things I mentioned worked (for me at least). It was a while ago and hasn't happened since (knock on wood :D)...

Worst case, have you tried publishing your work to a PDF and opening that? At least for an on screen proof for the customer until you figure it out...

I hope that helps! Good luck!
krosbones
Intern
Intern

Post by krosbones »

It is with old and new files alike. It is only in CorelDRAW. Everything else is still the same. I can save the files in any format, but if it is opened in CorelDRAW, the colors are wwwaaakk!!! I can get around this for showing proofs, just wanted to know if anyone knew how to fix this.
Thanks for the info....

kros
Krosbone Graphix
RUGUR
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by RUGUR »

I had a problem like this one time when I was using CorelDraw 12. I corrected it by changing some settings.
In CorelDraw, click on "Tools" and then click on "Color Management". A pop-up window titled "Color Management" will open up. Try changing the settings there. There is some stuff you can change in the lower left hand corner of the pop-up window, it's titled "Style". Try setting it to "Default Settings" or "Optimized for Professional Output"