Corel X3 HELP

Share questions, suggestions, and information about Adobe, Corel and other graphics products.
Software Review and Rating.

Moderator: Moderator Team

5thQuarterSports
Intern
Intern

Corel X3 HELP

Post by 5thQuarterSports »

I am trying to print to my RIP and when I click on my art from Corel I get a warning of " Printer's Marks don't fit on media " Why can't I get the marks to show on the preview?
f_bomb
Intern
Intern

Post by f_bomb »

You gotta be more specific...What RIP are you using, what size media are you outputting to, what page size are you working on in X3, what steps are you performing to get the job from Corel to the RIP...
5thQuarterSports
Intern
Intern

"You gotta be more specific...What RIP are you using, what size media are you outputting to, what page size are you working on in X3, what steps are you performing to get the job from Corel to the RIP..."

I am using PowerRIP for Silkscreening
My page is 8.5 x 11
When I choose print, I then choose the PowerRIP printer.
f_bomb
Intern
Intern

Post by f_bomb »

Try changing your page size to something smaller than letter (8.5" x 11")...Reduce the page size to something that is just a little bigger than your graphic (on your tool bar you'll see an 8.5" and a 11" box, change the #'s there)...Then print with registration marks checked in you prepress tab...See if that does the trick. It should!

See the problem is the auto reg. marks want to crop around your page size...Which is set to 8.5 x 11, so they want to print outside that page to contain that area...making your page smaller will allow them to print on the actual 8.5" x 11" media (but make sure they fall within your printers "printable area"...On your tool bar >View>Show>Printable Area).
5thQuarterSports
Intern
Intern

thanks
f_bomb
Intern
Intern

Post by f_bomb »

No sweat...So did that do the trick???
5thQuarterSports
Intern
Intern

It sure did. Sometimes, I just have to hit myself on the forehead and say....DAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
krosbones
Intern
Intern

Post by krosbones »

Not sure about PowerRIP...I use FastRIP.....but in the CorelDRAW print dialog screen, under the "prepress" tab...there is an option to check "Marks to objects...which will pull the regis right down to the edge of your design...I usually uncheck all the rest since it is rarely needed in T-shirt printing....like the file information, crop marks and calibration bars
Good Luck
Kros
5thQuarterSports
Intern
Intern

That is what I have learned. I appreciate the input.