Adobe Photoshop CS2

Share questions, suggestions, and information about Adobe, Corel and other graphics products.
Software Review and Rating.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Hokie978
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Adobe Photoshop CS2

Post by Hokie978 »

I am getting ready to purchase Adobe Photoshop CS2, however, I am a bit concerned about the number of computers that I am able to download to. My computer is almost 2.5 years old and I will probably need to upgrade within the next 6 months. I don't want to put out all that money for Photoshop and have to buy it again when I get a new computer. Any advise? Also, can someone recomened a good place to buy it?
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

I have CS2 installed on all 5 of my Apples. Dont know what to tell you about the PC side..... except BUY AN APPLE!
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
Martin
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Martin »

if i was you and i couldn't/can't afford a Mac i'd buy a dell inspiron and id also buy one of the adobe bundles instead of just photoshop by itself. if its for your business you can add it as a tax write of at the end of the year anyway.

i am currently using an inspiron 9200 and because im one of the few that has gotten great service from dell i recomend it to others.
knight7th
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by knight7th »

Interesting. Last time I purchased an Adobe product for my PC, I was able to install it on multiple computers without a WEP. When did thet start doing that?

(But to concur with my esteemed colleagues above, that is correct, MACs for the most part do not require registration or WEPs. Check out a Mac Mini if cost is an issue, you already have nice monitor I'm betting and you can get a 1.25Ghz for $599 new (and much less used) and it should do everything you need. My eMac 1.25 is more than up to any task my PC can perform, just be sure to max out the memory!
baljamin
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Adobe Photoshop CS2

Post by baljamin »

its a world famous graphics image software i m using the latest version cs4 its much more functionality then cs2
burcaden
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by burcaden »

hi there recently i found a virus in my note book I formatted my hard drive and I istall all driver and most programs, but whe I tried to install Adobe Photoshop CS2 I get error. This is not the first time I installed this om my pc.
error: 1311.Sourse file not found:
C:\DOCUME~\Lee\LOCALS~\Temp\Temorary
Dirctory 6 for Adobe Photoshop CS2 9.zip\PhotoshopCS2\Adobe(R) Photoshop(R) CS2\Data1.cab. Very that the file exist and that you can access it.
VVP
Intern
Intern

Post by VVP »

Go ahead and install it on your old computer. When you are ready to install on your new computer, you can deactivate Photoshop on the old computer. So really, you can install it on as many computers as you wish, as long as you deactivate it first. In CS3 you just go to HELP/DEACTIVATE. I don't remember if it is the same for CS2, but I know you can do it in CS2.
buckcade
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by buckcade »

yeah its a same suggestion from my side vvp is saying right you shoul install the photo shop on the old computer then it would install the others computers
2ampress
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by 2ampress »

With the way Adobe does it's licensing, you may install their products on as many computers as you wish, but can only activate it on the number of computers that you have licenses for.
So if you buy only one license and install it on two computers, you must deactivate the software on one before you can activate it on the other. Deactivating the software does not uninstall it, just makes it non functional until it is reactivated. The activate and deactivate process connects to your account online to verify the number of licenses as well as the number of activated copies.

Cheers,

Tracy
Libertarians are the only individuals that do not want to restrict freedoms.