Creating Text Outline and Inner Fill in Corel X5 ?

Share questions, suggestions, and information about Adobe, Corel and other graphics products.
Software Review and Rating.

Moderator: Moderator Team

sbrnsouth
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Creating Text Outline and Inner Fill in Corel X5 ?

Post by sbrnsouth »

Hi, I am new to this forum, and to design in Corel x5. I very recently started creating art work for a friend who has opened a new screen printing business. I'm trying to create a text design with an underlay, outline, and fill. I've got the arched text done which will serve as the underlay, but can't seem to figure out how to create a correctly proportioned fill for it. Also can't figure out how to create an outline of the text. I tried copy and pasting the text and then stretching it to create the inner fill, but can't seem to get the exact proportions I need.

I'm sure this is the most basic of tasks for many here, but as I said I'm new to design in general, and having some trouble figuring it out. I've been looking online for a specific tutorial/help regarding this, but have had no luck finding anything as of yet. I just found this forum this morning, and thought I would ask here.

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide, or any links pointing me in the right direction.
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Re: Creating Text Outline and Inner Fill in Corel X5 ?

Post by tompaine »

If you have two sets of the text, convert to outlines in the Arrange menu and just add a stroke to the top. That should leave you an underlay with a small overlap without unduly altering the text.
Thalla33
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Thalla33 »

here is how I do this.

Create the text, curve it do whatever you'd like until its in the final shape.

Use the contour tool to create the outline or fill but either contouring to the outside or inside. Once you have the right amount break the contour group apart and you should be left with a fill and an outline.

This is also how I create simple backers. Contour to the inside of an object about .007 inches and break that group apart. This will get a backer with a bit of a trap.

Hope this helps :)
Viper99
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Viper99 »

If you just outline the top layer you'll have to watch how much fill you lose on the top layer. An outline doesn't only go outward. It also goes inward. You can click the setting for the outline to be in the back and that will take care of the issue. You can also take the bottom layer and and add a white outline to it. Both of these methods are known as "choking" the underbase. There are different amounts of choke that you will apply. It really depends on the art itself and the press that you are printing on.