Getting business

Discuss day to day business affairs.
Including: Scheduling, Pricing, Money Managment, Employees, Wages, Business Opportunities & Marketing
Industry Work Shops and Classes
Nate
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Getting business

Post by Nate »

How about techniques that noobs and vets have used to get business and break into new markets. Especially those that don't neccisarily involve shaving all you hair off and putting on a suit!

Let's hear about what has worked and hasn't!

Like:

How do break the school market without having kids? Or the church market without being devout? Or dealing with the customer who you find out only uses ASI connections?

Just hearing stories of people in thier different markets would be educational to all of us.

For example -- I'm in a densely populated area with six established screen printers within five miles of me in any direction. I've found that flyers don't work but printing for advertizing space in weekly entertainment print publications has worked well. However advertizement in general comunity news pubs (aiming at more traditional markets ie:contactors) hasn't produced much.

Getting feedback from such info could help noobs (like me) be able to make judgments as to how to expend our advertizing and marketing efforts.

Just a thought. :)
"Don't just eat and hamburger -- eat the HELL out of a hamburger!" -- JR "Bob" Dobbs
Hugh
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Hugh »

Develop a professional sales team for upward and possible rapid growth.
We pay on a commission structure. Professional sales reps know how to or are already connected with many of the markets you mentioned. Only a few screen printers in our area have professional sales reps. Our sales reps can work part time if they desire...even though they are employee status and we withhold and pay payroll taxes for them. Even one good size order a month from a part time sales professional can really beef up the bottom line.

We back up our sales reps with excellent sales support materials, ie, imprinted folders, price lists, mutliple custom company imprinted apparel catalogs, an array of available apparel samples, an up to date web site for reference or selling to customers while speaking with them on the phone.

The more professional you become, th greater the likelihood wou will catch some big fish clients in your area as well.
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

I let me reputation sell my services....
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
taglessthreads.com
Intern
Intern

Re: Getting business

Post by taglessthreads.com »

Sales reps are good but I agree with roadside, word to mouth is the best way to get business.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
sticker printer
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by sticker printer »

I also agree with roadside.. It is a good way to get your business by saying something yourself about your business.. It will be more guaranteed than anything else.. and making other understand about your business from your mouth is better than hiring advertisement agency to advertise it..
kustomkoozies
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by kustomkoozies »

We got in contact with all the local radio stations and did trade of t-shirts for air time. Great for our business.