Advice for setting up a business-Young Entreprenuer in Need!

Discuss day to day business affairs.
Including: Scheduling, Pricing, Money Managment, Employees, Wages, Business Opportunities & Marketing
Industry Work Shops and Classes
madmanyoni
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Advice for setting up a business-Young Entreprenuer in Need!

Post by madmanyoni »

Hello, I posted this same topic in another thread, but no one answered it so i thought this would be a more suitable place for it.

Hi. I am a 13 year old who started screenprinting during the summer. You may have seen some of my questions on the forum--but anyway, I finally got the hang of screenprinting and I am still learning A LOT. I started a clothing company...the kids at my school seemed to really like the shirts I wore to school and they didn't believe that I screenprinted them myself.
When I started selling them, they were ten dollars, and they got a lot for the 10 dollars, a shirt, some stickers, etc. I have more and more orders and it is a little hard to keep track of $150 in my backpack. My dad is always telling me that when the shirt costs about 5 dollars to make, 100% profit is not enough, I would charge more, but I don't think the kids will buy if they are 15 or 20 dollars.
Does anyone have any advice on how to set my business up and keep it alive? Help is appreciated.

Update: I already have 3 screens with designs on them that everyone likes. Even teachers are interested. I am still having trouble with pricing and also the issue about conducting all business at school. I'm expecting more orders tomorrow, and I have to bring two orders to school. Business is pretty good.

Yonatan
TMP_D
Intern
Intern

Re: Advice for setting up a business-Young Entreprenuer in Need!

Post by TMP_D »

Sounds like you’re off to a good start chief, grats

The only question you seem to raise though it’s the price aspect, which would be dependent on a lot of things, 10$ could be a good price for one shirt and not another, there are a lot of things to look at when setting the price, but I would say overall, if you feel your making some money and enjoy what you’re doing, then have at it, just make sure you are actually making money

...oh, and I would probly be concerned with having a lot of money on me in certain areas, lol

Good luck
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

Yeah... charge as much as you can and let the customer tell you its to much. Dont assume its too much on your own, every printer hates giving a price they think is to high and the customer says "wow thats cheap".

Since your not old enough to buy a car yet you more then likely dont understand HAGGLING. Look that up.
:wink:
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
seriwiz
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by seriwiz »

charging double what it costs is a fair mark up. Keep working on new unique designs and on improving your quality of printing.

Bryant