Fire Marshal Concerns

Discuss day to day business affairs.
Including: Scheduling, Pricing, Money Managment, Employees, Wages, Business Opportunities & Marketing
Industry Work Shops and Classes
bunnysqual
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Fire Marshal Concerns

Post by bunnysqual »

I manage at a Screen print/emb facility and we had the fire marshal come through and cause a big stink about the Albetros Dri-Web
tack that we use for our screen print operation. Our company has been using this type of product for 8 years or so without any incedents of it catching fire.

But the Fire Marshal says that the flame from our M & R Sprint 2000 is too close to where our operators are using the Dri - Web spray. We currently mostly use the web spray but on large run orders we use a glue substance that cannot be used on sweatshirts.

Any suggestions?
d fleming

Re: Fire Marshal Concerns

Post by d fleming »

My first suggestion would be a little too late. We stop everything while the fire m is here and give him our undivided attention. Then again they only inspect when you sign a new lease or when someone is trying to get elected around here. They have no reason to see you IN OPERATION. Show him the in-date fire extinguisher and tell him to have a good day. If he seems to think he needs to see you run show him where the applications are and tell him he is free to fill one out and learn the trade. As he has already seen you using the product, check the label for proper use and if you are within limitations, show him you are and he is wrong. Sounds like you got someone either new to the job or bucking for a promotion to me. Just about everyone in the industry uses some form of spray tac and you don't hear about printshops exploding daily on the news. Good luck.
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Fire Marshal Concerns

Post by ROADSIDE »

Thats just not even a concern. You would have to put a can on the belt and run it through the dryer for a chance of fire.
I think dude is crazy
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.