Gold Print/ Gold Screen Printing Ink

Dicuss all consumables.
Inks, Emulsions, Liquids, Chemicals, etc.
Share your tips and tricks. Who's got the best deals?
messenjar
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Gold Print/ Gold Screen Printing Ink

Post by messenjar »

I thinking about doing some t-shirts using gold screen printing ink just wondered if anyone got any pics of t-shirts that have gold screen printed onto it I’ve searched the site as well as used search engines but so far haven’t found any examples, just want to see what it looks like before I purchase some as its quite pricey.
jklaflin
Intern
Intern

Post by jklaflin »

When you say "gold" do you mean a solid color gold, or the sparkly "vegas" gold?
messenjar
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by messenjar »

i think my supplier sells the sparlky one,

Any examples of this in use will be great
hnama
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Gold Print/ Gold Screen Printing Ink

Post by hnama »

I want to see how tight of a mesh I can use while still getting the silver/gold leaf through it. What all would you need to do to make your own ink?
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Post by tompaine »

Ink making isn't a DIY activity, you would need to control viscosity and particle size, just buy a ready made one.
SteelersFan
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by SteelersFan »

I am still pretty new to screen printing, but one of the first inks i bought was liquid silver (by wilflex i think) its awesome... I beleive they have gold as well... here is the trick they don't tell you. Put this ink on as your very last screen. They say its good for wet on wet, but I found that every time you put another screen down after priting the silver it pushed the ink further in the fabric and you lost the "liquid" look.

I had ordered some shirts right before I got into it myself and they used this ink, but obviously didn't make it the last coat and lost its full potential.

you can see some pictures at www.auniqueimpression.com in the gallary section, look at the pictures of the Smoke & Chrome shirt.
Jeremy
Intern
Intern

Post by Jeremy »

I think inks like that are recommended to use a 80-110 mesh count. However, with flashing, I have successfully used a 175 mesh without any problems. The gold inks and silver inks look good, too. Not too shiny, but definitely sparkly.

First hit on google images, the picture on this page is pretty accurate. http://www.t-shirt-printing-cornwall.co ... g-hoodies/