"a Bathing Ape" clothing & "kaufman"

Discuss the various aspects of textile screen printing.
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

frodo
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

"a Bathing Ape" clothing & "kaufman"

Post by frodo »

hello everyone,

I am new to textile printing and want to get some fabric samples created from some art work i have.
I am trying to source some printers, but I want to be sure I am looking for the right kind of printers.
What I want to know is what process produces certain prints.
For example, is "robert kaufman", "alexander henry", "amy butler" etc etc fabric produced by a photo resist method? (such as the more complicated prints which include metallic colours and gradients on the colours)
Is "A bathing ape" clothing (specifically the hoodies -images printed on sweatshirting) produced by screen printing or is there a magical technique i don't know of? How is it that the print feels like it's a part of the fabric (i.e. it can't peel off type thing), is this because the inks are water based??

I'd appreciate any info you can give me!
Thanks!!!
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Re: "a Bathing Ape" clothing & "kaufman&q

Post by ROADSIDE »

frodo wrote:is there a magical technique i don't know of? How is it that the print feels like it's a part of the fabric (i.e. it can't peel off type thing)
the process is called DYE SUBLIMATION
In my opinion yields the BEST feel.... but has so many limitations that we usually end up screen printing.
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
UpNorthMatt
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by UpNorthMatt »

It looks to me like most of there goods are roll printed fabric that is manufactured with the images on it.