Printing 2 colors on mesh poly or nylon will not ever dry

Discuss the various aspects of textile screen printing.
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

weprint
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Printing 2 colors on mesh poly or nylon will not ever dry

Post by weprint »

we do a lot of printing on jersey's and mesh tank tops for sports teams. almost always the print is a 1 color and so there's nothing to it. once in a while though we have to do a job that is more than 1 color. the problem we have is getting the first print to dry so we can print the second color and not pull off the ink from the first print when we lift the screens. we have to flash the first print forever. does anyone print on mesh a lot that can help????
jklaflin
Intern
Intern

Post by jklaflin »

I think your might need to check your ink or your flash unit. You should be able to flash-cure (at least to gel point) your first print and then move to the next with no problem. The last mesh-job I did was small... Did the whole thing with a manual press and flash dryer to cure. The ink took about 30 seconds to cure (pretty standard, I think). If it takes way longer than that, make sure you've got the right ink!
weprint
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by weprint »

we do a lot of printing on other materials and our flash units work good. as far as the ink, is there special ink for printing on mesh. I use a certain nylon ink for nylon but most of the mesh we print on is 100% poly.
tsiartguy
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by tsiartguy »

Check this out, it's from Union Ink. This faq has a lot of useful info on printing different textile.
http://www.unionink.com/articles/faq.html

Hope this helps...
taglessthreads.com
Intern
Intern

Re: Printing 2 colors on mesh poly or nylon will not ever dr

Post by taglessthreads.com »

Yeah use FIBERBOND. Add a little bit of it into the inks your using and the ink will dry much faster cutting your flash time in half.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads