printing on baseball jerseys

Discuss the various aspects of textile screen printing.
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

pitt59
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

printing on baseball jerseys

Post by pitt59 »

How do i print on baseball jerseys with the buttons down the middle? and who is a good distributor of baseball jerseys.
Carlos Aguilar
Ugly Guppy Productions
281-704-4534
jklaflin
Intern
Intern

Post by jklaflin »

All I can say is experiment. I would guess that you would probably need to do it with a manual press and do 2 passes so as to avoid the buttons. Or, you could cut a small section out of a squegee so it will pass over the buttons, but you won't get any ink coverage down the whole center of the shirt.
If you're using a manual press you can squegee sideways, too. The screens have more of a tendancy to move with sideways pressure, though, so be careful if you're doing more than 1 color or making more than 1 pass. I would avoid printing dark fabrics with this method. The second pass will almost never line up exactly with the first.

Also, SanMar has some jerseys. Another company is Dodger Sportswear, but I don't have the contact info in front of me. If I find my catalog I'll post the info.
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

You could remove the buttons and re-sew them
We charge extra for stuff like that.

Most quality baseball jerseys are stitched and not screened
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
bigwhiteboy
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by bigwhiteboy »

I use heat transfers for jerseys and trim around the buttons.

What type of jerseys are you looking for?
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

I believe Action has pallets with an indent in the middle for the placket to sit down in making the print surface more flush acroos the shirt. You can also take some pallet rubber and glue onto top of existing pallet two strips on either side of the placket to get the same effect. Roadside is correct that most top quality shirts of this nature are stitched.