Brother printer problems

Discuss the various aspects of textile screen printing.
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

SigsSigns
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Brother printer problems

Post by SigsSigns »

I have been using a brother MCF-7860DW lazier printer to print my transparency. They are not dark enough. It will work but it seems like I need to under expose my screen just so I can wash out the image but this creates other problems. I feel it is in the settings but I feel I have done all that I can do. Without buying another printer does anyone know what I am missing? I am using clear transparency and I have tried frosted transparency but the results seem to be the same.
taglessthreads.com
Intern
Intern

Re: Brother printer problems

Post by taglessthreads.com »

I'm sure this is a little late but I know you can purchase a spray that makes the ink darker on the film. I know westix.com carries this.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Post by tompaine »

try varn environmental wash or get an inkjet printer
aimey
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by aimey »

Inkjet Printer can go well to print the positive photograph.
printnstyle
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by printnstyle »

When you get into the printer properties, you should be able to select the medium for printing. Another option is to run the transparency through a paper feeder instead of the paper tray so that it doesn't bend as much when it's being printed. When you create the image, make sure it's black and white, not grayscale and set your printer to print in black and white instead of grayscale. That should make it use the maximum amount of ink.