Printing pockets on the automatic

Discuss the various aspects of textile screen printing.
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

beandip007
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Printing pockets on the automatic

Post by beandip007 »

Hey everyone, I am new to the forums and will do my best to give good tips on good textile printing techniques, but one I have stumbled on is printing pockets on an automatic. We normally do the pockets on the manual and can do up to 6 colors on it, but it becomes really time consuming when you have to do a 1000 shirts. Has anyone experimented on pockets on the auto? What have you come up with to solve this issue? What platen would you recommend?
slideways
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Printing pockets on the automatic

Post by slideways »

When i'm printing pockets on the auto, i burn the image center and upside down, and use sleeve pallets and load the pocket on there. other wise you could use your standerd pallets it would just take a while, you have to make sure each lines up and i wouldn't do more then one color the pockets like a double lined jacket and would move after each print, i hope this helps.
whimsywhit
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by whimsywhit »

slideways wrote:When i'm printing pockets on the auto, i burn the image center and upside down, and use sleeve pallets and load the pocket on there. other wise you could use your standerd pallets it would just take a while, you have to make sure each lines up and i wouldn't do more then one color the pockets like a double lined jacket and would move after each print, i hope this helps.
Ah, I agree with slideways. Exactly how we do it too. :)
taglessthreads.com
Intern
Intern

Post by taglessthreads.com »

Action Engineering offers a pallet that is great for printing on pockets. Yeah they are expensive, especially if you have a 10 station auto but the investment will pay off.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
the Art of Tees
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by the Art of Tees »

great I have the same issue and today I found the answer