Scheduling Jobs

Discuss the various aspects of textile screen printing.
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

apetrosky
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Scheduling Jobs

Post by apetrosky »

I am an IT director for a shop with 12 full time in house artists and several presses. I am looking for input as to what other shops use to schedule their art and prints. Currently we use a combination of a custom art scheduling application combined with an excel spread sheet.

Our art scheduling application, aptly names Art App is a DOS based app with it's own internal database. It essentially allows to enter in order/job information such as time, time due, artist, job and job details, notes, etc and then schedule our artists accordingly. From there we then take this information and manually create our print schedule based upon completed art and anticipated completions.

I would like to know if anyone else schedules similarly and if so, what application(s) do you use to get this done. We are loking for applications that will run on either Windows XP/Vista or Debian (ubuntu) Linux.
2ampress
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Scheduling Jobs

Post by 2ampress »

I wrote a database that tracks orders from the beginning to end of their cycle, ready for shipping.

I originally wrote it for my printshop, but since that has just closed, I will be altering it to fit my screen printing process.
I wrote it using Microsoft Access with easy to use forms.
It allows a review of customer history on previous jobs completed and also has a report section that allows you to view the current jobs inhouse and their status.
It has been something that I have developed over time and altered as the needs arose.
It has the date entered, and a due date, so we know how long each job has been in our shop.
Libertarians are the only individuals that do not want to restrict freedoms.