Graphic software question - What to buy???

Specific computer related questions/suggestions for Mac and Pc users.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Shecki
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Graphic software question - What to buy???

Post by Shecki »

I posted this in the "newbie" forum as well, but maybe someone in here that doesn't wander into there too often can offer some advice....

My brother and I are just breaking into the screen printing buisness and are looking for some opinions on software. First, we have zero graphic design experiance...so whatever program we end up purchasing, we will be taking any online courses we can find to try and learn them as well as we can. We've kind of narrowed it down to two options: A) Adobe's CS4 Design Studio (so that we'll have both vector and raster/bitmap programs with PS and Illustrator included) or the much less expensive option B) CorelDraw X4? What are some of your opinions of the two, keeping in mind...we'll need to learn either of these programs anyway? Also...do we need both PS and Illustrator, or can design, layering, and color seperation all be done on one or the other? We will be running these programs on PC ad well (as opposed to mac....for now).

This hands down has seemed like the most difficult hurdle to get over thus far...so any insightful input, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!
InkLabs
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Graphic software question - What to buy???

Post by InkLabs »

You will inevitably want both a vector (i.e. illustrator) and raster (i.e. photoshop) design programs.

For many people it's a matter of preference. For your purposes I imagine both would be more than sufficient.
Honestly - your first step would be to download the free trials and play around. I'm sure they both come with 30 day free trials. There's many tutorials on the internet that you can do to get a feel for the interfaces of each and see if you prefer one software suite over another.
jofferystark89
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Graphic software question - What to buy???

Post by jofferystark89 »

A Shoutout is a paid image that is posted on popular Social Media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter and Vine. Get thousands of impressions on your business, product, website, profile or whatever it is you are trying to get exposure to. To Buy Shoutouts,it's Completely Safe & Anonymous.