Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

theddb
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Hello, new to all of this and have a question

Post by theddb »

Hello all, I am new to screen printing, but am on several other types of forums, so hopefully I can get through this without making too many mistakes. I live in South Jersey (and love it!). Anyway, I am venturing into a new business and have been surfing the internet and making some calls relating to printing large images, specifically on a textile (cotton or terry cloth). Most printers I have found only produce 20"x20" images, and I am looking for someone to handle an image as big as 36"x36". Some have suggested that I look outside the US, bu I would rather keep it in house. If anyone knows of any places where this could be done, I would appreciate any feedback. I would be supplying the material, and would only be looking for someone to print. Also, I think we will keep the colors down to 2 max, possible up to 3 or 4 depending on price and feasability. If things roll, this would hopefully be a long-term, high volume commitment - probably in terms of hundred of thousands of units. Any and all help is appreciated, and while I may be new to this, I will contribute in any way I can. Thanks in advance for your help!

Don
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

Hello Don,

Although I dont print that big..... I am also in South Jersey.

If you are interested in talking shop feel free to reach out.
Good luck with the new business.

Tone
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
theddb
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by theddb »

Thank you. I am thinking worst case scenario we may have to set up a shop and do it ourselves. I am assuming you can get equipment that would handle large size? I am just in the beginning stages of trying to figure this all out. Thanks again -

Don
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

yeah... it can be done. Depends on how much you are willing to spend.
I have thought about doing larger format stuff for a while but at the moment we dont have the room.

There are more then a few people on this forum that do what you are looking for.

Where abouts are you in SJ?
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
theddb
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by theddb »

I live in Atco and my father lives in Galloway (near Atlantic City). Him and I are going in to this together.